Tuesday 6 October 2009

Bangernomics, but not as you know it!

So, bangernomics, for those of you who don't know, is almost an art! Its about buying a old car cheap and running it to the ground. The theory is along the lines that its cheaper to buy a £200 car once a year than to buy a £3000 car every 5 years. The maths adds up, but the practicalities don't. Its a lot of hassle and you often spend a lot just keeping a banger running. So I've come up with a very unoriginal twist which people have been doing for years, but that I'm going to call my own; My bangernomics is to buy/beg/swap a banger, fix it up and sell it on for a profit. There not much that cant be fixed with time and money, and a little skill, but the balance between the cost of a quality fix and making a profit is fine, and easy to get wrong.

My aim is to make a poor car good, generating a quick, honest and reliable profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment